Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thoughts Along the Journey

I started writing down these thoughts over a year ago now. What originally began as an idea for a book has ended up as much more. I have been posting these thoughts weekly on a blog site, inviting others who are traveling the Crooked Path with me to add in their commentary or, in some cases, the substance of an installment. The changes I have seen in myself during this part of the journey have been remarkable at times and disheartening at other turns as well. The one constant remains our Heavenly Father.

When my brother Mike chose the Ecclesiastes passage as his way of understanding the battle he waged with cancer, I didn't immediately understand. Now, nearly ten years after his season of waiting ended in the arms of his Savior, I still ponder his choice of verses to claim. But, in my heart, I know it continues to speak to the human condition, especially that of the Christian. We are walking toward God on a path that Jesus has laid out for us. Sometimes it is straight and level; sometimes it is rough and crooked.

The only promise we can count on for the entire trip is that God is the Faithful and True Father who loves us beyond all measure and comprehension. He has committed to us to be present at every turn, ready to pick us up whenever we fall. No, the Crooked Path will not always be easy, but it will be worth it. It is ordered by a God of whom C.S. Lewis said is not a "tame lion" but one who is "very good". May that God and His Son Jesus be your very present leader and companion as you walk the path ordained for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment